Give Your Rating
Your Review Can be Helpful for Others.
How To Fix a Corrupted Memory Card or Pen Drive
First of all, in this article, I am going to tell you about various methods which will help you to repair or fix your corrupted SD card or USB flash drive. To repair the corrupted memory card or pen drive is a difficult task because of different reasons. So in this post, we will discuss different methods through which you can repair your SD card or USB flash drive easily.
Must Read How To Call From Unknown Number
1. Repair corrupted Pen Drive or SD card using CMD
You can repair your corrupted sd card or USB flash drive by following the given steps.
- Connect the corrupted pen drive or SD card to your computer.
- First of all, go to Start Menu and in the search bar type CMD, and run it as administrator.
- Type diskpart and press Enter.
- Type list disk and press Enter. A list of all the storage devices connected to your computer will appear.
- Type select disk <the number of your disk> and press Enter (e.g select disk 1). Make sure you enter the number correctly. Otherwise, you may delete your internal hard drive.
- Type clean and press Enter.
- Type create partition primary and press Enter.
- Type active.
- Type select partition 1.
- Type format fs=fat32 and press Enter. The format process will finish in a few time. So if you want to store files larger than 4 gigabytes then you can write NTFS instead of fat32. Therefore Don’t close the CMD until the work is finished.
Must Read Trace Mobile Number In Pakistan
2. Try using another USB port
Sometimes due to the damage USB port user think that sd card or USB is corrupted, but the user should try another USB port to solve this issue.
3. Change the drive letter
Follow these simple steps to repair the corrupted USB flash drive or SD card by assigning a correct drive letter:
- Connect your external media to your computer.
- Right-click on My Computer or This PC. Click Manage in the drop-down menu.
- Click Disk Management on the left side and now wait for a few seconds.
- Right-click on your storage media and click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- Click the drive letter and click Change.
- Select the drive letter from the drop-down list and Click Ok.
Tips To Repair Dead SD Card or Dead USB Flash Drive
- First of all, If your memory card or USB flash drive is not showing or completely dead then you should try to give it heat through Heat Gun or through Fire for 1 minute. As a result your external storage device will be OK.
Must Read Oppo Find X Review and Price
2. I hope the above technique will be work 1000%. In other words, the above method is not working for you. Then take the little bottle and mix the Petrol and Thinner. Now insert your dead SD Card or USB flash drive in this mixture for 24 hours. So after 24 hours get it out from the mixture and dry it carefully.
Must Read Most Dangerous Names to use as Passwords
Above all the methods the top methods to Fix any memory card or USB flash drive. So it is important to clarify that you should take safety measurements before to do these experiment. Most importantly, don’t give extra heat to SD card or USB flash drive.