Give Your Rating
Your Review Can be Helpful for Others.
Acne Vulgaris Introduction
Acne Vulgaris is an infection of the skin, caused by changes in the sebaceous glands. The most common form of acne is called acne vulgaris, which means “common acne”. The redness comes from the inflammation of the skin in response to the infection.
- Hormonal fluctuations
- Hyperactive sebaceous glands
- Many dead skins cells staying on the skin
- Bacteria in the pores
- Skin irritation or scratching of any sort
Fast facts on Acne Vulgaris
Here are some facts about acne.
- Acne is a skin disease involving the oil glands at the base of hair follicles.
- It affects 3 in every 4 people aged 11 to 30 years.
- It is not dangerous, but it can leave skin scars.
- Treatment depends on how severe and persistent it is.
- Risk factors include genetics, the menstrual cycle, anxiety and stress, hot and humid climates, using oil-based makeup, and squeezing pimples.
Must Read The Best Foods To Help You Sleep
- Crusting of skin bumps
- Papules (small red bumps)
- Redness around the skin eruptions
- Scarring of the skin
1. Baking Soda
Apply a paste of one or two teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Rinse it off after a few minutes.
2. Green Tea
Use a cooled cup of green tea as a face wash or lay the bag over the affected area.
Apply a teaspoon of honey to affected areas, or make a mask by mixing 1/2 cup of honey with 1 cup of plain oatmeal and leaving it on for 30 minutes.
Mix 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh mint with two tablespoons each of plain yogurt and oatmeal (use a blender to pulverize the oatmeal to powder). Leave the concoction on your face for 10 minutes, then rinse off with water.
Apply a small amount of white toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed. The toothpaste will reduce the swelling and dry out the acne. Within a day or two, you should see significant improvement.
6. Lemon Juice
Rub a slice of lemon on the affected area and leave it for a few hours before rinsing your face with water.
7. Apple cider vinegar
Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar and water and apply to skin with a cotton ball, mam.
Must Read Health Tips That Actually Work